CareerSmart’s inaugural series is comprised of three programs geared toward the needs of UT Austin employees who oversee others. The series reflects the university’s desire to help promising employees prepare themselves to become new managers and to help existing managers improve their current skills and add new ones.
Select each certificate title to view program curriculum.
Management Essentials is an in-depth look at the policies, practices, and procedures needed to be a successful manager at UT Austin. This program is ideal if you:
- want to strengthen or refresh your management knowledge,
- are new to management,
- have management experience but want to learn the “UT way”,
- would like to prepare for a future role in management.
Managing Beyond the Basics provides an opportunity to assess management strengths and challenges through 360˚ feedback facilitated by a certified coach and elective options to help complete your personal development goals. This program is designed for those who:
- have UT management experience and are ready to expand their expertise,
- are ready to utilize feedback in creating a professional development plan, and
- comfortably apply the knowledge and competencies associated with the Management Essentials program.
Essentials for Developmental Excellence is a highly customizable program designed to support UT staff in meeting their professional development goals. This program is intended for employees seeking to:
- increase their skills and competencies
- grow in their current job
- prepare for the future